SHIFT: Day Job
**THIS IS A HYBRID WORK OPPORTUNITY BASED IN INDIANAPOLIS, IN**
*Your Talent. Our Vision.* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
**Primary responsibilities include supporting:**
- Work CQ tickets, and provide CR/TDL support in whatever capacity is needed.
- Develop a working level of knowledge towards MCS, FISS, and/or HIGLAS.
- Apply principles of data analytics to help identify trends in claims data, business processes, and coding guidelines to support improvement opportunities.
- Interact with business analysts, business owners, and work in groups, as well as manage and prioritize work assignments based on business need.
**Functions OR examples of projects for this role: **
Intern will be exposed to Medicare processing systems- FISS, MCS, HIGLAS, CWF. Intern will have the opportunity to experience working with the federal government in a department that has direct daily interaction.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Healthcare Informatics, Public Policy, Healthcare Administration, Public Health
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Certificates- Medical Billing & Coding, RHIT, CPT training, ICD-10 training, Health Information Management & Exchange
**Location** - Indianapolis, Indiana
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.