General Manager - Full-time
Concordia, KS 66901
There are two kinds of people in this world: SONIC employees and those who wish they were SONIC employees. This elite group gets to work with awesome people, earn great pay, and sport the cool uniform.
Being a General Manager at a SONIC Drive-In restaurant is the cherry on top of a Strawberry Banana Split Molten Cake Sundae. You’ll managing drive-in operations with a great team under you! You will be responsible for molding and training new employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner. We want every guest to have an enjoyable dining experience every time they come to SONIC.
Basic job duties for the drive-in restaurant’s General Manager include:
- Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Team / Crew Members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
- Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in restaurant employee handbook, policies and practices
- Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels, inventory levels and food cost control
- Completes weekly inventory as needed
- Administrative duties including maintaining files, records and all required documentation
- Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
- Immediately and respectfully responds to guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
SONIC Drive-In General Manager Requirements:
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required
- Minimum of six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management experience required. Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills; basic math, reading and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Additional SONIC Drive-In General Manager Qualifications…
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous food service to our guests!
- Professional individuals who value people and demonstrate respect for others!
- A team player willing to meet and exceed drive-in goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead team members.
- Dedicated individuals with a proven track record of building sales, creative marketing, expense management and developing people into successful teams.
- Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
in Concordia, KS
Full-time Concordia, KS 66901