Number of Hours Per Week: 55 plus hours work week; typically, 10-11-hour shifts; must be able to work any day of the week, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday; two (2) days off per week with no guarantee that they will be consecutive. Hours of work, shifts and days worked per week may change periodically due to the operational needs.
Description: General Managers should have the emphasis on building sales, managing inventory, customer relations and personnel/hourly team member management. General Managers should display the proficiency in the use of all restaurant equipment, as well as be able to handle all business/administrative, management, technical and training aspects of both the Front of House and Back of House. Certification of McAlister’s Management Training Program with completion in all areas with a score of 100%.
Manages Restaurant Environment –
- Ensures friendly service according to all company guidelines. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
- Ensures immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints on self and staff.
- Ensures 100% Guest visits in the dining room
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all supplies
- Ensures product preparation and presentation meeting McAlister’s standards
- Actively participates in the community to increase sales and awareness to the McAlister’s Brand
- Effectively oversees scheduling of all AM/Team Members to meet staffing guidelines and sales needs
- Maintains effective safety and security standards set forth by Emaar group, McAlister’s, city and state
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and organization based on McAlister’s guidelines
- Immediately corrects standards and or equipment that are not to McAlister’s guidelines
- Daily communication with all managers via Manager log and shift change meetings
Manages AM and Team Members Daily Performance -
- Ensures quality recruitment and hiring of team members and management
- Adheres to and promotes the McAlister’s training program
- Maintains the McAlister’s staffing requirements set forth from Emaar Group and District Manager
- Develops an environment to encourage growth and development from within for all team members
- Weekly Interviews conducted to ensure that the teams are growing and opportunity for development
- Ensures acceptable performance by all team members that follows Emaar Handbook and McAlister’s standards
- Proper accountability and documentation process followed with all team members that are not meeting the guidelines set forth in the Emaar Group Handbook and McAlister’s brand
- Conducts weekly manager meetings to ensure results and goals are reviewed
- Ensures compliance with all city, state, Emaar Group and McAlister’s expectations.
- Ensures timely one-on-one feedback for all team members through McAlister’s Coaching form.
- Ensures timely performance evaluations conducted every 6 months.
Maintains Controls and Finical Responsibility –
- Clear catering focus based on McAlister’s Deli Catering program with focus on building and obtaining new guest weekly
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed in set forth time frame
- Maintains controls and assets of the company
- Assures the compliance with city, state and federal laws
- Manages all service contacts that are routine or preventative maintenance
- Ensures that the team is meeting or exceeding operating budgets
- Analyze and clear Goals set forth with DM for any short falls
- Performs and analyzes weekly food and paper supplies
- Serves as a Role Model for all team members and Assistant Managers
- Develops Goals and action plans for personal/professional growth
- Perform duties which require bending and reaching
- Lift and transport up to 25-pound containers, dish racks, and trash cans.
- Stand and/or walk for up to 8+ hours
- Practice/Coach all safety and sanitation standards, including (but not limited to) using a step stool to reach items above eye level, safely using all cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner as directed by District Manager/Owners/McAlister’s
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance and follow uniform standards
- Remain calm in a (sometimes) fast-paced atmosphere
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Display a positive and outwardly friendly attitude towards all guest. Live the McAlister’s Touch
- Obtain a State of Illinois approved Serve Safe License – Must be maintained per State Mandates
PandoLogic. Keywords: General Manager, Location: Broussard, LA - 70518