Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.Location Description
Michael foods, Inc. located in Chaska, Minnesota is known as the "best small town in Minnesota" with a highly rated school system and home of the PGA Tournament in 2018! As our community grows, we strive to preserve the small town atmosphere. Minutes away from beautiful lakes, major highways, shopping malls and the Twin Cities, it is the perfect location to work!. Our location produces a variety of potato products. For over 100 years, the Michael Foods family of businesses has leveraged quality ingredients and innovative processes to offer the finest products and solutions to our customers and to food-loving consumers. Responsibilities
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food. JOB SUMMARY:
These positions are responsible for adding empty cook baskets to the catch machine, manually lifting baskets and palletize the baskets of potatoes on to pallets. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Placing empty cook baskets on the catcher machine without interruption.
- Identifying and removing damaged baskets.
- Properly fill out pallet tickets and place on pallets.
- Rotating to a variety of stacking/catching positions in the department.
- Continually placing filled baskets of potatoes onto pallets.
- Assuring that each basket is filled properly with high quality potatoes and that it is placed properly on the pallet.
- Effectively communicating relevant information to fellow employees on the shift and to on-coming employees at shift change.
- General cleaning of equipment and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent. EXPERIENCE
None LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
In order to promote a manufacturing environment that is safe and efficient for both personnel and food, the ability to effectively communicate in basic English (both verbal and written) is required. This includes the ability to speak, read and comprehend safety instructions, rules and warnings for self and others in both normal and emergency situations. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Examples of licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
None OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- The noise levels in the work environment will range from moderate to loud.