Dell Technologies is a leader in the IT industry, currently shaping the future of infrastructure at massive scale across compute/storage, hybrid cloud, Edge and Telco, 5G, data management, security and more forward looking across AI/ML, composable infrastructure and quantum computing spaces. Dell Technologies has been #2 on FORTUNE magazine’s Most Admired Company List in the Computer Industry (2019), and #4 on Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators (2020). Dell also ranked #10 on LinkedIn’s list of top companies where the US wants to work (2019).
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Dell Corporate Strategy team is a specialized group that advises our CEO and executive leadership team on driving, assessing and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and growth for the company across its portfolio of existing and new offerings. The team works directly with the C-level leadership team to drive critical strategic, operational and business development initiatives, as well as shape the overall, long-range strategy for the business.
**Focus areas include:**
- Thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., economics of the edge) and potential impact to Dell’s overall strategy
- Counsel to senior executives on “needle moving” growth drivers, strategic acquisitions and partnerships, portfolio optimization, etc. in pursuit of growth
- Evolve company strategic narrative as modern technology company; improve investor / shareholder perception and drive industry influence
- This role puts you in the middle of one of the world’s largest companies ($90B+ revenue) in the midst of several of the biggest disruptions the technology industry has ever seen
**Description of Role**
Building on our team’s successes and continued growth, we are currently looking to hire a strategy professional. This role is ideal for someone with a strong technology strategy background with a firm grasp on the strategist’s toolbox. A real passion for complex problem solving, digging deep into the data while keeping the big picture at the fore and working effectively with cross-functional teams and internal clients. Experience in the technology ecosystem with an appetite to expand knowledge base and expertise.
Our offices are located in Round Rock TX, and Hopkinton MA with support for remote work options. This role is highly visible, offering significant exposure to Dell Technologies Executive Vice Presidents and C-level leadership, allowing you to build lasting relationships and deep industry expertise. Our team is also a unique entry point for those who eventually seek opportunities to transition to key management roles within Dell Technologies.
- Partner with team leadership on multiple concurrent projects for top leaders of the company
- Create clarity by combining business judgment with technical understanding to structure the problem and provide a data-driven view. Create frameworks and strategic approaches to tackle complex problems.
- Gather research and analyze data to drive diagnostic rigor in developing actionable solutions and making decisions.
- Build consensus and effectively influence mid-level and senior-level stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader on Dell’s strategy. Support key strategy projects and lead project work streams across the Corporate Strategy team.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of Dell businesses in order to propose and analyze strategic decisions impacting multiple divisions.
- Understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, economics, finance, business planning, and/or equivalent experience, pre-MBA (e.g., scaling a business, driving change in a large company)
- Passion for technology
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree area
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding environment
- Some form of technical or software experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent with a strong academic background
- Understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Comfortable working under demanding deadlines and producing key senior-executive deliverables
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.