Full Time - Seasonal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
This position is responsible for the following “job results”.
- Be able to provide assistance to the front desk agents by being knowledgeable and experienced in all of the responsibilities and duties required of an individual front desk agent. Have full knowledge of SMS and RTP.
- Promote hospitality and courtesy at the front desk by observing and encouraging staff, being proactive and providing guidance as needed.
- Increase guest satisfaction and ensure service recovery by listening to, speaking with and researching all areas of guest concern, using judgment to resolve guest issues.
- Resolve specific guest issues concerning billing by taking phone calls from guests with questions about their accounts then explaining and/or researching to correct any errors.
- Ensure that staff is adequately trained by monitoring the front desk staff on a daily basis becoming highly aware of each individual agent's level of competence and provide additional training to continually improve performance.
- Develop front desk staff by coaching, correcting and encouraging agents as well as providing ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- Monitor agent's daily transactions by verifying money drops and researching/recording overages and shortages.
- Promote team play by monitoring staff relations and intervening before conflicts occur.
- Maintain rapport with other department by keeping lines of communication open with housekeeping and maintenance services, marketing, reservations, group sales and other departments as necessary.
- Communicate staff and guest issues by providing feedback to front desk management staff.
- Improve job results and provide management with information by maintaining feed-back logs and performing one on one's.
- Ensures completion of back office responsibilities by delegating or completing assigned tasks.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshop and meetings.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by trouble- shooting and communicating with the IT department.
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable working environment by complying with company policies and being alert to health and safety hazards for employees and guests.
- Maintain an adequate stock of supplies by monitoring supply of lift tickets, ski rental forms, brochures, etc. as needed.
- Contributes to team effort.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Prior experience in a guest service, lodging or front desk operation.
Position may require occasional overnight or day travel. Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snow cats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer