Join us as an engineering co-op in the Telecom Systems Business Infrastructure Engineering team putting your engineering education into practice inside a growing and fast-paced engineering development team.
**What you’ll achieve**
You’ll participate in the architecture and definition of next-generation server, storage, and networking platforms optimized for the telecommunications industry as well as opportunities to perform hands-on testing of the designs. Whether in the lab directly or through remote access, you’ll configure the hardware and software and test various functionality and performance aspects of the systems. You’ll learn about modern CPU architectures, hardware acceleration of algorithms, and about hardware implementation of the precision timing circuitry required in 5G networks. You’ll leverage this knowledge as you engage with various architects and development engineers to help ensure the roadmap of platforms is optimized for our technical requirements.
- Learn modern server hardware architectures and experiment in a hands-on lab setting
- Apply telecom-specific test requirements to prove functionality and performance on physical hardware
- Collaborate with and be mentored by senior technologists with expertise in server architecture and in radio-access networks (RANs)
- Drive independent research on the applicability of ARM architectures in RANs, considering many design aspects across performance, power, thermal, and cost
**Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:**
**Essential Requirements **
- Electrical engineering or computer engineering major
- Essential courses completed need to include circuits, electronics, computer architecture, and electromagnetic wave theory
- Basic familiarity with desktop/laptop computer components and how they interact: CPU, memory, disks, and PCIe cards
- Basic familiarity with Linux operating systems
**Desirable Requirements **
- Prior experience in assembling, testing, and/or debugging PCs, laptops, or equivalent
- Basic familiarity with networking/computer communication methods