THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
*Your Talent. Our Vision.*
At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
**Primary responsibilities for the Medicare Operations Intern include the following:**
The successful candidate will support Medicare priorities including, but not limited to:
- Projects designed to improve the quality of care delivered to members.
- Projects designed to increase the number of members enrolled in Amerigroup’s Medicare and Medicaid health plans.
- Projects intended to identify cost savings opportunities for healthcare services.
- Projects focused on retaining existing members. Projects that will support the 2023 market expansion.
- Additional as assigned.
**Functions OR examples of projects for this role:**
- Dual Plan Alignment: The successful candidate will support dual plan alignment by ideating and implementing new and innovative ways to increase the number of aligned duals within the Amerigroup plans.
- Cost of Care: The successful candidate will support cost of care by leading ideation sessions and driving the implementation of new cost of care initiatives.
- STARS: The successful candidate will become familiar with Medicare STARS and support the identification and resolution of opportunities for quick wins on STARS improvements.
- Pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Data Science or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in Tableau/PowerBI
- SQL knowledge
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.