At San Pedro Fish Market, the Cashier must provide our guests with friendly and timely service as well as keep an accurate register using a point-of-sale system. This position requires a team oriented, well-spoken individual with the ability to be proactive in a small, fast-paced environment. All position responsibilities must be performed in accordance with city, state, federal and Company policy.
CASHIER POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Grooming, Dress Code and Work Attitude:
• Report to work appropriately dressed and groomed for your position, in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
• Maintain a polished and professional appearance at all times throughout the work shift.
• Always present a professional, warm, welcoming, and approachable demeanor, with a positive attitude, (towards all) throughout the work shift.
2. Compliance and Service:
• Greet guests and provide excellent service.
• Have working knowledge of our menu including all of our fresh fish selections and with the ability to make suggestions when necessary.
• Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change.
• Accurately operate the Company’s POS system.
• Promptly address customer service issues and refer customers to management when necessary.
• Keep checkout area clean and orderly.
• Perform opening, closing and side work ensuring that the opening and closing checklists are accurately and efficiently completed.
• Comply with all city, state, federal and Company food and beverage regulations, alcohol control policies, sanitation guidelines, and safety policies. Promptly report violations or concerns to management.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 1+ year related experience in a similar work environment.
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with others.
* Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
* Ability to read, interpret, and understand an extensive variety of work-related instructions and documents pertaining to Company operations, safety, finance, HR, and payroll.
* Basic math skills and the ability to manage cash, process credit cards, and work the cash register.
* Basic computer skills, including Internet use, E-mail, and typing skills.
* Ability to use the Company's timekeeping system and point of service system.
* Ability and willingness to learn and apply new work skill sets and concepts.
* Working knowledge of city, state, and federal hospitality laws and regulations.
1. Normal restaurant work environment;
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud;
3. The work environment is tight and may require working in close quarters;
4. Work may involve a moderate level of stress; and
5. Physical demands are present during the full work shift (8+ hours), with the exception of duty-free meal periods and 10-minute breaks, to include:
* Visual and auditory acuity adequate to frequently monitor guest activity, use a computer and electronic equipment, assess work tasks to be completed, and read work-related documents;
* Standing, walking, kneeling, bending, and stooping;
* Intermittent overhead and low reaching, grasping objects; and
* Lifting and carrying 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly.