San Pedro Fish Market Grille, a family-owned and operated restaurant, is looking for an hourly Location Supervisor for our Fast Casual concept. The perfect candidate must be passionate about creating a culture of teamwork and accountability working to always put people first.
The position requires you to educate others on how to properly complete position duties, manage administrative procedures, and evaluate staffing levels while providing support to all FOH and BOH team members. Additionally, the position requires a team oriented, well-spoken individual with the ability to be proactive in a fast-paced environment. Supervisors must be able to work in multiple locations (Harbor City and Rolling Hills Estates) so reliable transportation is necessary. All responsibilities must be performed per city, state, federal and Company policy.
• Keyholder, responsible for the opening and secure closing of the location, including setting and disabling the alarm.
• Conduct opening procedures such as opening/closing the safe, counting and distributing cash drawers, and counting petty cash.
• Reinforce the completion of opening and closing checklists by on-duty staff.
• Manage dining areas including guest recovery, voids/comps, and proper atmosphere (i.e. lights,
music, heaters, fans, etc.)
• Complete Server checkouts and ensure all side work is completed.
• Conduct closing procedures to include counting cash drawers and securing in the safe, verifying the deposit with Oracle Property Financial, filling out deposit slips, counting petty cash, locking the safe, and conducting a walk-through of the restaurant to ensure all windows and doors are secure.
• Train, develop, and supervise employee team members.
• Evaluate staffing and adjust due to seasonality.
• Document any employee issues and communicate with HR; suggest action plans when necessary.
• Continually evaluate efficiency standards within the department/company to increase profitability.
• Effectively communicate with fellow department supervisors and senior management.
• Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a safe working environment for employees and guests.
• Comply with all city, state, federal and Company regulations, sanitation guidelines, and safety policies.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 2+ year related experience in a similar work environment.
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
* Current Food Handler's Card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must be legally eligible to serve alcohol.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with others.
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
* Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
* Ability to read, interpret, and understand an extensive variety of work-related instructions and documents pertaining to Company operations, safety, finance, HR, and payroll.
* Basic math skills and the ability to manage cash, process credit cards, and work the cash register.
* Basic computer skills, including Internet use, E-mail, and typing skills.
* Ability to use the Company's timekeeping system and point of service system.
* Ability and willingness to learn and apply new work skill sets and concepts.
* Working knowledge of city, state, and federal hospitality laws and regulations.
ETHICS AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS
1. Treat everyone with respect;
2. Welcome the viewpoint of others;
3. Be true to your word and keep commitments;
4. Maintain a strong work ethic, and be timely and reliable;
5. Uphold Company values at all times; and
6. Conserve Company resources and report waste.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Normal restaurant work environment;
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud;
3. The work environment is tight and may require working in close quarters;
4. Work may involve a moderate level of stress; and
5. Physical demands are present during the full work shift (8+ hours), with the exception of duty-free meal periods and 10-minute breaks, to include:
* Visual and auditory acuity adequate to frequently monitor guest activity, use a computer and electronic equipment, assess work tasks to be completed, and read work-related documents;
* Standing, walking, kneeling, bending, and stooping;
* Intermittent overhead and low reaching, grasping objects; and
* Lifting and carrying 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly.