PBNA $32.07$32.07 per hour
Position Purpose: POG Mechanics in a team environment to produce, warehouse, and ship quality finished cases and work in process (WIP) components. Mechanics perform multi-functions, multi-tasks with various levels and breadth of technology.
This job is not limited to the following primary job duties. Additional duties may be preformed as required. Principle Accountabilities: All Premium Operations Group employees will be on a departmental team. Mechanics will need to be good communicators and treat all with respect. Mechanics must be able to maintain a safe and clean work area while working in a fast paced work environment. Mechanics must be capable of developing base computer skills. Mechanics must be capable or ensuring finished products meet quality specifications. Mechanics will follow all Plant and Departmental Rules. Mechanics must be willing to travel and work flexible hours with in the scope of union agreement.
Primary Job Duties:* Mechanics will participate in TPM programs including AM, NWT and run --right meetings and perform the function of SME as required for the business.* Mechanics will attend business and /or shift meetings to communicate day to day operational information.* Mechanics will utilize software including but not limited to SAP, Zarpac, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.* Mechanics will be required to perform sanitary TIG weld and ARC welding as required. Applicant will be required to perform a sample weld during interview process.* Mechanics will be required to use a variety of shop tools including: Drill press, shear, die grinders* Mechanics will perform troubleshooting on production equipment -- equipment includes the following:* Pasteurizers -- Homogenizers.* Pump knowledge: Durco, Waukesha, Tri-Clover: * Valve matrices -- Alfa Laval, APV, Tuchenhagen -- * CIP/SIP skids* Fillers both carton type - Evergreen and rotary type fillers.* Case packers. * Tray packers. KHS Kister experience a plus not required.* Tamper evident sleevers with heat tunnels.* Case erectors* Case sealers* Hot melt systems. Nordson * Palletizers. Alvey or similar* Stretch wrappers: Mueller* Conveyor systems* Bottle Orientors.* Labelers -- Krones experience a plus. Please specify in Resume* Blow Molders -- Slidell experience a plus. Please specify in Resume* Rail Car maintenance including, but not limited to basic railcar pre-trip, fluid levels checks, belt adjustments, and minor replacement of speed solenoids, starter, alternator, fuses, and minor diagnostics.* Aseptic Tanks with agitators.* Electrical knowledge pertaining to Photo-eyes, Reed switches, Limit switches, fuse blocks, plc inputs/outputs a plus.* Evaluate machine condition and repair as required on shift.* Ability to read and comprehend manuals, schematics, and blueprints.* Assume the role as technical support to POG operators.* Perform Daily running routes for department, identify defect and enter in SAP for corrective action.
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
- Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
- Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.)
- Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
- Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
- Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
- Experience working in team-based environments (working together with others).
- Lift pull and/or push up to 40 lbs.
- Lift 25 lbs. repetitively
- Use proper bending/lifting techniques
- Be able to do the following for periods: stoop, bend, climb, sweep
Note: This role is currently part of the PepsiCo organization, but as a result of an announcement made on August 3, 2021, this role is planned to transfer to the new standalone Juice Joint Venture entity owned by both PAI Partners, a European Private Equity firm, and PepsiCo, contingent on final regulatory approval and closure of the related deal.
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement