Healthcare - Practical Nursing Specialist - Full-time
Ansonia, CT 06401
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ENLISTMENT IN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
As a Practical Nursing Specialist in the U.S. Army or Army Reserve, you will be responsible for supervising or performing preventative, therapeutic, and emergency nursing care procedures under the supervision of a physician, nurse, or non-commissioned officer.
- Perform emergency nursing care
- Assist in patient care
- Change and dress wounds
Because the U.S. Army provides training for all of our military occupational specialties, no specific experience in the medical field is necessary.
Candidates who have successfully completed a state approved course in practical or vocational nursing and have successfully passed the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) and possess current unrestricted state (or United States Territory) license as practical or vocational nurse may be exempt from some training requirements.
Job training to become a practical nursing specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 52 weeks of Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Patient care
- Working on a medical team
- Emergency care
- Paid training
- Monthly salary (based off pay grade and time in service)
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time Soldiers
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays for full-time Soldiers
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) - tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
- Tuition Assistance - up to $4500 per year
- Student Loan Repayment - up to $65,000 in college loan repayment for certain enlistment options
- Signing bonus - up to $40,000 in cash bonuses for completing training in selected Military Occupational Specialties
Part-time opportunities in the U.S. Army Reserve are available at Fort Snelling, Minnesota and many other locations nation-wide.
Full-time opportunities on Active Duty in the Regular Army are available at U.S. Army Installations across the country and around the world.
- Under 35 years old
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-551 Green Card holder)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No major medical or mental health issues
- No major law violations (felony convictions)
- 17 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Background check
in Ansonia, CT
Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU
Est. $30.12 - $43.72 Full-time, Part-time Shelton, CT 06484 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.12 - $43.72 Full-time, Part-time Ansonia, CT 06401 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.12 - $43.72 Full-time, Part-time Shelton, CT 06484 Urgently Hiring
U.S. Army Recruiting - Albany Battalion
Healthcare - Operating Room Specialist
Full-time Ansonia, CT 06401
Easy apply registered nurse jobs
in Ansonia, CT
Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc.
School Nurse and Nutrition Manager
Est. $30.12 - $43.72 Part-time Norwalk, CT 06851 Urgently Hiring