Healthcare - Operating Room Specialist - Full-time
363 N. Comrie Ave
Johnstown, NY 12095
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ENLISTMENT IN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
As an Operating Room Specialist in the U.S. Army or Army Reserve, you will be responsible for assisting the nursing staff in preparing the patient and operating room environment. You will provide assistance to the medical staff during surgical procedures. You will also operate the centralized material service and are responsible for preparing and maintaining sterile medical supplies and special equipment for medical treatment facilities.
- Provide assistance to the medical staff during surgical procedures to include the creation and maintenance of sterile fields for surgical procedures
- Assist in preparing patients and operating room environment for surgery
- Perform various preoperative and postoperative procedures as directed. This does not include the manipulation of tissue (e.g., cutting, suturing, cannulating, grafting, sawing or drilling)
- Responsible for the sterilization process, which includes inspecting, cleaning, assembling, warping and sterilizing equipment
Because the U.S. Army provides training for all of our military occupational specialties, no specific experience in the medical field is necessary.
Candidates with a current Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) may be exempt from some training requirements.
Job training to become an operating room specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 19 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, which includes on-the-job instruction. Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Basic nursing care
- Knowledge of the human body
- Minor surgical procedures
- Clinical laboratory procedures
- Methods for diagnosing diseases
- Paid training
- Monthly salary (based off pay grade and time in service)
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time Soldiers
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays for full-time Soldiers
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) - tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
- Tuition Assistance - up to $4500 per year
- Student Loan Repayment - up to $65,000 in college loan repayment for certain enlistment options
- Signing bonus - up to $40,000 in cash bonuses for completing training in selected Military Occupational Specialties
Part-time opportunities in the U.S. Army Reserve are available at Fort Snelling, Minnesota and many other locations nation-wide.
Full-time opportunities on Active Duty in the Regular Army are available at U.S. Army Installations across the country and around the world.
- Under 35 years old
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-551 Green Card holder)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No major medical or mental health issues
- No major law violations (felony convictions)
- 17 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Background check
Est. $29.45 - $44.86 Full-time Johnstown, NY 12095 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.45 - $44.86 Full-time Fonda, NY 12068 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.67 - $25.84 Full-time, Part-time Johnstown, NY 12095 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.67 - $25.84 Full-time, Part-time Johnstown, NY 12095 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.67 - $25.84 Full-time, Part-time Johnstown, NY 12095 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.67 - $25.84 Full-time, Part-time Johnstown, NY 12095 Urgently Hiring Est. $27.39 - $42.23 Full-time Johnstown, NY 12095