Kana Hotel Group's mission is to be one of the most admired and service quality-driven hotel companies in the industry. We will accomplish our goal by creating an atmosphere of friendly employee behavior and delivering the highest quality service and value to our guests.
From our Team Members to our General Managers and Regional Support team, we seek people who have a passion for the hospitality business and want to grow with us. Most of our existing leadership team members have been promoted from within the company. As a member of our team, you will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of the company, as well as the company’s services. In return, you will be given opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
• Greet guests and perform check-in/out procedures
• Follow all cash and credit card procedures required by hotel and brand standard
• Check house count to determine the rooms available for the day
• Review credit limit exception report & gets additional approval if necessary
• Check expected departures for today & clears checkouts or extends stays after check out time
• Update housekeeping room status when received from housekeeping
• Balance departments from daily activity report at the end of shift
• Performs cashier shift change when cash is in balance
• Explain any of the hotel’s promotional items to each guest checking in & gives them to any guest who requests them
• Mention various hotel amenities, (i.e. free breakfast, spa, fitness center, voice mail, etc.) to guests during lags in phone or in-person conversations
• Respond promptly to any guests’ inquiries or complaints; Offers alternate solution if guest demand cannot be met
• Demonstrate commitment to servicing the guest by being hospitable and accommodating • Document any guest accidents by completing the accident report form
• Ability and flexibility to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• High School diploma or GED preferred
• One-year hospitality experience required
• Customer service experience required
• Experience handling cash and credit card procedures
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of the hotel layout, all amenities offered, and all procedures & organization.
• Knowledge of local geographic area knowledge, area businesses & services, major highway/street information, and community events & attractions.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.