Grill Cook - Restaurant Team Member
Bob Evans… Where Good Grows!
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you looking for your first job, second job, or just looking to make some extra cash? Maybe you’re looking to work after school and on the weekends?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated like friends and friends are treated like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage you to apply.
At Bob Evans, you are in the driver’s seat of your career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, “You can’t look at your future in your rearview mirror.” Put that turn signal on, change directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.
Not sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions may be available
We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant and participates in E Verify.
Statement of Purpose:
Responsible for the preparing each order by following standardized recipes. Ensure that proper food handling and sanitation procedures are being followed. Prepares visually appealing and great tasting home-style dishes and ensures that all items are completed in a timely manner and delivered hot and fresh to the servers.
- Follows recipe and storyboards to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, and other foods according to proper preparation methods per the current Bob Evans recipe book. This involves cutting, broil, sauté, and frying.
- Responsible for practicing and upholding health and sanitation standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal grooming. Washes hands frequently. Wears gloves to prevent bare hand contact. Promptly changes apron if it becomes dirty.
- Must maintain high standards of quality and appearance for all food prepared and served.
- Prioritizes food preparation so that all items for check are finished at the same time.
- Properly maintain and operate equipment effectively. Complete working knowledge of the safe and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time, have strong menu knowledge, and have ability to accurately read, organize, and coordinate tickets
- 0-2 years related experience
- At least 16 years of age
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.