Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
- Provides parking service for guest’s vehicles
- Driving the vehicles to designated parking locations
- Maintains a system for parking and retrieving of vehicles
- Putting keys in proper locations, allowing easy access for other attendants to locate and retrieve guest vehicles
- Provides transportation of guests and employees, when needed, driving shuttle busses provided by the resort-lodging department
- Provides luggage handling for the guests
- Unloading guest vehicles, loading luggage, ski and golf equipment, and personal belongings of guests onto carts and pushing carts to rooms and lockers for storage of equipment, unloading each in correct locations and helping guests as requested with these items.
- Provides assistance to the concierge personnel answering phones and being accessible to the guests
- Maintains a checklist of daily procedures logging all necessary information, closing and locking all doors on list at times assigned, maintain accurate records of location of vehicles, and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains the shuttle buses by performing pre-trip inspections, logging all defects, arranging for repairs, maintaining the cleanliness of the buses and maintaining all safety equipment on the buss
- Provides information for the guests of the resort by maintaining knowledge of the resort and its operations daily, providing informational literature and dispensing information as requested by guests
- Communicates with all lodging personnel using 2-way radios
- Maintains a neat and orderly station
- Attending to detail, cleanliness and order of all guest service locations and parking areas
- Provides for safe operation of shuttle and guest vehicles by participating in a random drug and alcohol testing program, understanding the basic operation of most vehicles
- Maintains a constant flow of guests & vehicles
- Adheres to guidelines provided by supervisor
- Maintains a professional image and manner by wearing the provided uniform, speaking to guests with a positive attitude and pleasant demeanor.
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma or GED
Specific Experience: Guest service, sales, or hospitality related experience preferred
Length of Experience: NA
Specific Certifications, Licenses Required:
Applicant is required to have a valid driver’s license and the potential to acquire a CDL (commercial driver's license) with passenger endorsement. Incumbent must participate in a random drug and alcohol testing program.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
- This position has some responsibility for assisting, instructing, directing or checking the work of others. It does not have any formal supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Snowshoe Mountain is committed to a drug free workplace and has an established drug testing policy. This job is identified as a safety sensitive position and you may be tested at random during your term of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer