Marczyk Fine Foods prides itself on being a world class neighborhood market; from the everyday to the exotic, we've curated a diverse and delicious selection of products for our customers. The Meat & Seafood Team Member will ensure that the department in our market is fully and beautifully stocked with the highest quality meats in Denver. They play an essential role in delivering excellence and consistency in service to our customers each day by actively engaging with them, answering questions, and making recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Stocks, rotates, signs and merchandises poultry, pork, lamb, beef, frozen products, and seafood.
- Understands the basics of proteins from production methods to preparation.
- Prepares Market Made items following recipes so that they are delicious, beautiful, fresh, and of high value to the customer.
- Responsible for the display of goods, maintaining simple and beautiful merchandising during open hours.
- Understands the flow of business and can appropriately communicate staffing, product, and training needs to the M&S manager.
- Leads by example and demonstrates servant leadership. Makes decisions in line with the six principles of profitability, excellence, authenticity, integrity, consistency and reliability.
- Monitors and guarantees sanitation, appearance, and cleanliness; communicates to ensure that department equipment is kept in good working order and properly maintained.
- Identifies opportunities for personal development and training.
- Develops and maintains positive and profitable working relationships with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Participates in cross-training and professional development.
- Acts as a leader around the entire store, able to give feedback, advice, and direction when needed.
- Demonstrated excellence in product presentation, merchandising, and selling
- Basic knowledge of meat and seafood industries
- Willingness to make a commitment to stability in the position
- Ability to work quickly, take initiative, and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a fast paced customer-oriented work environment.
- Consistent standing, stooping, bending, and lifting. Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Constant arm, hand, and wrist motion.
- Comfort with handling knives
- Able to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Mathematical proficiency and analytical business skills to perform required functions.
- Prioritizes tasks appropriately and can re-prioritize with ease
- Creativity in merchandising, salesmanship, and customer service
- Passionate about produce sourcing, eating well and food preparation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Takes feedback in stride and is adaptable to change
- Ability to repetitively lift 50lbs, bend, stoop, and stand for long periods of time. Constant arm, hand, and wrist motion
- Able to work effectively within a diverse group of people
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities, or qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 68227143Posted: 2020-07-14