Server - Restaurant Team Member
Bob Evans… Where Good Grows!
- Do you want daily tips, including credit card tips?
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you looking for your first job, second job, or just looking to make some extra cash? Maybe you’re looking to work after school and on the weekends?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated like friends and friends are treated like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage you to apply.
At Bob Evans, you are in the driver’s seat of your career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, “You can’t look at your future in your rearview mirror.” Put that turn signal on, change directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.
Not sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions may be available
We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant and participates in E Verify.
Statement of Purpose:
This position is responsible for coordinating entire station and communicating with front-and back-of-the-house personnel to provide an exceptional dining experience to our guests. Welcomes guests to the restaurant, help them find menu choices using situational selling techniques, anticipate and respond to guest needs in a prompt and friendly manner, and invite them back again.
- Takes guest orders utilizing menu knowledge and situational selling techniques. Serves food and beverages to the guests promptly, ensures all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis, and following the standards set by the restaurant.
- Communicates professionally with guests to determine their needs and help them with menu selections.
- Communicates new promotions and product information to guest.
- Demonstrates knowledge of menu items by describing food items properly. Maintains company standards for quality food; serves only food that meets standards.
- Inputs orders accurately into the computers.
- Practices safe food and beverage handling, and clean up at all times.
- Safely handles food prep equipment such as knives, coffee maker, ice tea machine, etc.
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- Communicates and interacts with guests, handles crowds, and put guests at ease.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills
- 0-2 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- At least 16 years of age
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 30 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.