Professionally sells the products and services of the hotel and restaurant. Special emphasis is placed on guest room sales, concentrating on low and shoulder season business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes solicitation and service calls in person, via email/mail, and by telephone on assigned accounts to promote and sell hotel.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, prospects, other hotels and the corporate office.
- Prepare proposals and confirmations for group bookings and conduct property tours with prospective customers.
- Inform other departments of upcoming events and work with them to ensure proper planning throughout the property.
- Follow company cash, credit and deposit policies.
- Monitor guest satisfaction through follow-up surveys, thank you cards, and calls.
- Prepares sales reports and records sales calls and activities as required.
- Tracks competition and market activities and the hotel’s position in the market.
- Hires, trains, schedules and assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to KHC policies and established KHC and franchise operating procedures.
- Greet all guests in a warm, friendly, helpful manner, register and assign rooms to guests and ensures proper methods of payment and application of credit policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general accounting reports, policies & procedures, and instructions. Ability to read and implement safety policies & procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers, employees and general public. Ability to communicate clearly in person, by telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, formula or procedural form and deal with several abstract variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, grasp or type; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; smell; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and various types of driving conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.