This job is located in Lockport.
Join Our Team: Are you looking for a new start? A great opportunity awaits with Elderwood! Overview:
INCREASED WAGES FOR CRITICAL RN NURSING ROLES. Apply today - you're eligible for our new rates. Shift Differential Increases are also in effect.
Elderwood at Lockport is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team of clinical leaders.
Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem Opportunities.
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Overview:
- Registered Nurse (RN) team members assist in the ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing care. This position is responsible for the direct nursing care of residents which encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the care of residents to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times.
Elderwood at Lockport offers:
- New Leadership - NEW DON, NEW ADMINISTRATOR!
- Full Benefits Package
- 401 K PLUS Employer Matching!
- Weekly Pay Schedule
- Shift Differentials
- Day, Evening, & Overnight Options
- Part Time, Full Time & Per Diem Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Free Sets of Uniforms
Shift Options - We have 8 hour opportunities:
- Days: 7a-3p
- Evenings: 3p-11p
- Overnights: 11p-7a
We are also offering 12 HOUR SHIFT Options to our RNs:
About Elderwood at Lockport:
- DAY: 7a-7p
- OVERNIGHT: 7p-7a
- Elderwood at Lockport is located in a park-like setting in the City of Lockport, near the historic Erie Canal and the renowned “Flight of Five” locks. This skilled nursing facility with a long tradition in Eastern Niagara County conveys a friendly, family-like atmosphere. A unit dedicated to rehab services features a spacious gym for physical, occupational and speech therapy. Residents with dementia benefit from Elderwood’s personalized, structured Seasons Memory Care programs.
Apply today to Elderwood at Lockport. We are located at 104 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, NY 14094.
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
- Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to RN Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge RN Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care plan.
- Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
- Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
- Monitor resident care standards during performance of duties, and encourage that rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
Credentials as a Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a current State license required.
Registered Nurse (RN) Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required. Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Physical stamina for constant activity required.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.