Employer: Little General Stores
Position Overview: The Assistant Store Manager's goal is to help the Manager operate a clean, safe, and profitable retail convenience store where customers like to shop and employees like to work. The Assistant Store Manager typically works opposite shifts and assumes responsibility for managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager. Must be minimum eighteen (18) years of age to sell tobacco, lottery products and alcohol.
Position Classification: Full Time
Position Reports To: Retail Store Manager and/or Retail Area Supervisor as required
Position Manages: Customer Service Representative, other staff on shift
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds;
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (90%), Sitting (10%);
• Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and crouch for extended periods;
• Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual focus.
• Ability to smell and identify odors;
• Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone communications;
1. Possess general knowledge of the Retail Store Manager's role.
2. Represent Little General in a professional manner with all employees, customers and vendors.
3. Act as the Retail Store Manager to perform the duties described in the Retail Store Manager Job Description when the Manager is not present.
4. Assist in training employees as directed by the Retail Store Manager.
5. Promote enrollment and participation in all Loyalty Programs. (Plenti, BP, etc.)
6. Understand and strictly follow state laws regarding lottery, alcohol and tobacco sales.
7. Provide management coverage for the store by working opposite shifts from the Manager as scheduled. Shifts to regularly include nights, weekends and holidays.
8. Understand and be able to execute all security and emergency protocols.
9. Refer questions and problems he/she cannot answer to the Retail Store Manager or Retail Area Supervisor.
10. Contact the Retail Store Manager or Retail Area Supervisor in the event of an emergency.
11. Other duties as may be assigned.