Have you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to Work Certified™! We’re proud of this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people first?
Dash In is currently seeking Sales Associates to join our Dash In team in White Plains! Starting at $14.50 per hour! Plus earn an additional premium for overnight shifts!
We are a leading convenience merchandise and motor fuel marketer of The Wills Group, Inc., serving customers at over 65 retail outlets throughout Maryland, Virginia and Delaware. The Wills Group is a $1.5 billion company and the largest independent marketer of Shell Oil in the country. Throughout our 90 years in the industry, we have gained a reputation of driving innovation, providing our customers products and services at exceptional value, and fostering a great work environment for professional development and advancement.
The essential function of a Sales Associate will be to provide customer service including assistance to customers, preparation of consumable food items to meet the guidelines of regulatory agencies and company standards, project a positive image of the company while in prescribed uniform, proper recording of sales and cash control, and maintain store appearance and cleanliness standards.
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
At Dash In, we’re not only redefining the convenient store experience, we’re also offering the perfect mix of ingredients to create the career you always wanted.
Our mission to fuel the everyday journeys of our customers starts with hardworking people like you – who want to provide great service, enjoyable experiences, and embark on a journey to develop their own career. How far you go is up to you. From the moment you start, we’re here to help you grow from a valuable team member to leading a team of your own. And along the way, we’ll reward you with a salary and benefits to match.
Life at Dash In has many perks. We work hard to ensure every team member lives life to the fullest outside the store. We fully believe that when we support and encourage one another, our customer and stores benefit greatly. We take pride in investing in our people’s well-being. That’s why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Paid vacation starting at 2-weeks
- Paid Community Engagement - 2 paid community service days each year
- Education - 100% tuition reimbursement for eligible employees
- Healthcare - Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans with an option for health savings account
- Paid Parental Leave - Paid leave for new dads and moms
- Insurance - Pet insurance, basic life insurance, and short-term disability coverage
Benefits for All Employees:
- Career Growth - Advancement Opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Training & Development - Extensive training and management development programs to grow your career
- Financial Well-being – Enrollment into employer 401(k) at 60 days of employment with a company match up to 7%
- Employee Discounts - Free coffee & fountain beverages, plus discounts on fresh food & car washes
- $500 LifeBalance Account - Dash In contributes $500 annually for eligible healthcare expenses for part-time employees, eligibility after 6 months of employment
What You’ll Accomplish Day to Day
- Preparing food in appropriate time frame, meeting safety and quality standards
- Communicating with Guests in the Made to Order (MTO) service area, suggestive selling Make it a Meal to help drive sales
- Operating food service equipment and ensuring kitchen cleanliness (i.e., flattop, coolers, floors, freezer, deep fryer, MerryChef oven)
- Using food prep tools effectively (i.e., temp log, prep sheet)
- While standing and moving within the register and food preparation area behind the service counter, reach and retrieve items from floor level to seven feet above the floor and operate store and food service equipment which will include an electronic cash register, gasoline console, credit card machines, money order machines, TACC (Timed Access Cash Control Machines), food stamp machine, deep fryer, slicers, scale, grill, hot dog cookers, ovens, display cases and breading machines; operate floor buffer in aisles and open spaces of sales floor.
- Control cash to accuracy as prescribed in company policy manuals for overages and shortages.
- Maintain stock levels, food service items and general merchandise by stocking shelves, reaching items from packing cartons and placing items on display units ranging from floor level to seven feet above the floor and move cases weighing up to 35 pounds to retrieve needed stock selection
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and place in service, up to five feet above floor level, five- gallon soft drink containers which may be BIB (Bag In a Box) or cylinders weighing between 50 and 65 pounds.
- Using proper lifting and or climbing techniques lift containers of cubed ice weighing up to 15 pounds to a height of six feet to fill ice dispensers for fountain drinks.
- Maintain physical store appearance by sweeping, mopping floors, buffing as required, cleaning rest rooms and residual internal and external equipment, maintain exterior appearance by picking up trash and refuse from grassy areas, shrubbery beds and parking lots and emptying trash containers into dumpsters.
- If authorized by manager, measure product and check for water in underground storage tanks and record results in accordance with company guidelines
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 1+ year of kitchen/line cook experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience is a must
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least 18 years of age.
- Background and drug screen required.
- Possesses or in pursuit of High School Diploma/GED preferred, or enrollment into company paid GED completion program.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
During this COVID-19 environment we are actively keeping our people and communities safe by following all safety measures and guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing PPE for employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work environment!
Dash In is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.