ASSISTANT MANAGER POSITION AVAILABLE-FULL TIME
Company paid training
Company paid medical and dental for employee only
Company paid $25,000.00 life and AD&D policy for the employee
Vision and voluntary life available
5 day work weeks
The Assistant Manager performs and/or supervises employees in the following job set-up positions: front line set-up, back line set-up, catering prep, chip & pickle to-go set up. The Assistant Manager performs and/or supervises employees in the following job positions during a shift: catering/delivery coordinator, order taker, cashier, chip & pickle to-go, sandwich maker, swing and delivery driver. The Assistant Manager hires, trains, disciplines day and night staff, and is responsible for the overall effectiveness of their area of responsibility within the operation.
Position may be hourly or salary depending on your level in the career path.
Education: The applicant must have either a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Experience: Qualified applicants must have at least 6 months work experience.
Skills: Qualified applicants must be age 18 or over, must be able to direct a staff, must be able to consistently exercise sound discretion, must be able to memorize basic job routines, must be able to read, write, and communicate in English effectively, must be able to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, counting change correctly, and handling, organizing and balancing money and credit card charge slips.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified candidate. An applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jason's deli's dress code policies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
2. The ability to bend over, reach upwards or outward, twist, turn around, and climb up on ladders in a timely fashion.
3. The ability to perform a variety of job tasks at a very rapid pace.
4. The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extended periods of time.
5. The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
6. The ability to use equipment including telephones, cash registers, calculators, knives, meat slicers, buffalo choppers, drills, mixers, can openers, scales, and dishwashing machines.
7. The ability to lift very heavy objects with or without assistance.
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Supervising employees in food preparation including the cutting, grating, and/or slicing of fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads, desserts, and party trays.
2. Food service positions including taking orders in person or by telephone, cashiering, chip and pickling, catering, expediting, preparing orders to go, and floating in all positions.
3. Learning job positions functions and then being able to instruct others on how to perform those same functions.
4. Supervises staff of front of the house and back of the house employees. Schedules, hires, trains, disciplines and/or fires staff. Checks out staff at the end of shift to ensure completion of their responsibilities.
5. Handles complaints and issues brought forth by any customer.
6. Handles new employee orientation and submits the appropriate paperwork to payroll.
7. Forecast and effectively meet payroll standards.
8. Utilize opening and shift checklists to ensure a smooth shift.
9. Inventories, orders, checks in, and sets par levels for all product that is purchased for the unit.
10. Train Managers in Training on front of the house and back of the house staff.
11. Provide evaluations of all front of the house and back of the house staff as needed.
12. Close or Open the deli.
13. Make bank runs and deposits.
14. Office Procedures (Invoice Entry, Overtime Management/Schedule Changes, DSR completion, Employee Records)
15. Employee Development (Evaluations, certifications, etc)
16. Customer Hospitality Procedures (callback requests, customer complaint resolution)
17. AOR Management (AOR Card, Checkouts, etc)
18. Food Management Processes (Produce check in, Par Sheets, Ordering)
19. Facility Management (cleaning and maintenance, facility audits)
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
1. Making food deliveries in an automobile to residential and commercial properties.
2. Daily organizing of products including lifting heavy orders of product, putting up heavy orders of product in the walk in cooler and other storage areas, re-arranging product in the walk-in cooler and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
Statement of Performance:
The General Manager and District Manager will evaluate a newly promoted employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and District Manager will evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager and District Manager.
Statement of Totality:
This position will include any and all other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of the operations of the deli.