ORDER / CASHIER
PART and FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Discounts on food
Medical, Dental, Vision Available for FT Employees
Advancement Opportunities through our Career Path Program
The cashier /order taker conducts payment transactions with customers, answers the telephone and takes customer’s food orders, and verifies and reconciles their cash drawers.
Education: The applicant must be either enrolled in high school or a certified G.E.D. program or have their high school diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Experience preferred but not required.
Skills: Qualified applicants must be able to memorize menu abbreviations and menu prices, and basic job routines, must be able to read and write, and communicate in English effectively, must be able to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, counting change correctly, and handling, organizing, and balancing money and credit card charge slips.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified applicant. An Applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jason’s Deli’s dress code policies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
2. The ability to bend over and reach upwards or outward effectively.
3. The ability to operate the cash register at a rapid pace.
4. The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extended periods of time.
5. The ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
6. The ability to understand and to follow instructions.
7. The ability to use equipment including cash registers, calculators, automatic credit card approval machine, and telephone equipment.
8. The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Reading customers’ tickets and ringing up correct menu price amounts, communicating with the customer regarding money owed, and counting change or processing credit card charges.
2. Verifying cash drawer before shift begins, during the shift properly completing forms and documenting overrings.
3. Complying with the application of tax tables based on city, county, or state tax requirements.
4. At the end of the shift, balancing cash drawer, reconciling charges, cash, and checks, completing a daily sales report, and completing a change order slip.
5. Taking customers’ orders over the telephone, writing the correct menu abbreviations and prices, and turning the order into the sandwich maker.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
1. Cleaning projects, which will require using chemicals to clean all areas of the deli, including sweeping and mopping, cleaning and wiping counters, walls, pictures, cabinets, and other artifacts.
2. Daily organizing of products in all register areas, restocking and re-arranging products in the drink box, on the candy counter, and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
3. Making food runs to the customers in the dining area, restocking the salad bar, and getting refills for customers.
Statement of Performance:
The General Manager and his or her Assistant Managers will evaluate a new employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and his or her Assistants evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager.
Statement of Totality:
This position will include any and other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the deli.