The Project Manager is in charge of end to end seasonal campaigns, project scope and in-take, and creative execution for channel requests ensuring on-time, on-budget and on-brand delivery of marketing assets. This role must exhibit outstanding project management and communication skills. They are instrumental in establishing and enforcing standard processes and driving new initiatives. They will also be expected to participate in creative review meetings to ensure final output ladders back to the brief. In addition, the PM will provide project management follow-through, task management, status updates/escalation, accurate delivery and project close out.
The position should have the following qualities; self-motivated, enthusiastic, trailblazer, experience in a fast-paced and retail and/or agency environment, process driven, results-oriented, strong project management experience in digital and traditional media, and desire to be part of a high performing Marketing Activation team. RESPONSIBILITIES
Skills and knowledge required
- Lead the upfront planning and orchestration of end to end seasonal campaigns in collaboration with Marketing, Integrated Merchandising, Creative and Photo Studio teams.
- Encourage a collaborative approach and build relationships across various departments and at all levels.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate cross-functional team members not under direct supervision.
- Manage and mentor Associate Project Manager(s) that serve as the primary day-to-day contacts for channel execution throughout the duration of the project lifecycle (kick-off to release).
- Route creative material to obtain and ensure feedback is clear and on-time for creative execution and revisions via project management system (e.g. Workfront).
- Establish and maintain efficient workflows, processes and timelines for all work flowing through the creative studio via project management systems (e.g. Workfront, Smartsheet).
- Partner with Agencies and act as Agency contact (partnering with marketing and creative) for any external campaigns, co-developing scope, timelines and ensuring on-time completion.
- Schedule, lead and run productive milestone meetings, including creative kickoffs, reviews, presentations, and post-analysis meetings.
- Anticipate obstacles to mitigate risk with projects and resources.
- Ensure all relevant information, such as creative briefs, marketing channel plans, etc., have been provided to the creative team.
- Collaborate on creative development and direction with business owner, creative, photo studio and production teams.
- Provide key takeaways and action items to meeting attendees.
- Negotiate timelines and budgets and ensure that all deadlines are maintained.
- Educate business owners on cost savings and leveraging opportunities aligned with their marketing efforts.
- Close out projects and ensure proper files are archived.
- Experience in retail industry or advertising agency.
- Experience managing a project management team
- Experience working with photo studios (both internally and externally).
- A strong understanding of agency and production vendor processes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, project management and communication tools (e.g. Workfront, Smart Sheet, Jira, Teams).
- Energetic, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while handling a high volume of complex projects.
- Familiarity with omni-channel campaigns and various project types including print, web, social, email, social, mobile, signage, brand, print, and packaging.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, both through idea generation and assessment of ideas generated by others.
- Team player with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Adept at crisis management.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent creative project management skills, highly organized and able to multitask effectively.
- Strong understanding of the creative process as well as design and print/web/email/social production.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- 2+ years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:Phone:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume. An Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.