- Ability to adhere to Sonesta grooming standards.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 75 pounds
- Ability to push/pull carts weighing approximately 75-100 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb (including stairs) and reach continually on a daily basis
- Ability to work in excessive heat and humidity
- Ability to work in extreme weather (for example rain, wind, sun, fog, and pollen)
- Ability to operate and control industrial maintenance equipment (for example floor buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuums, pressure washers, etc.)
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees in a courteous, empathetic, and discreet manner. Ability to direct or escort guests to various facilities and functions within the hotel.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion (for example: cleaning windows, vacuuming, etc.)
- Ability to move freely within the hotel
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to read, write and perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to work with chemicals (for example cleaners, disinfectants and solvents) and prolonged exposures to water
- Ability to understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures (for example fire, crowd control, inclement weather, bomb threats, etc.)
- Ability to stand, walk and roam the public areas on a continual basis
- Maintain a quiet, professional atmosphere in all public areas
- Follow procedures for reporting to work, taking meal breaks, and end of shift
- Follow bending/lifting techniques
- Follow procedures for picking up trash, emptying ash urns in the interior and exterior of the hotel
- Follow procedures for lifting, emptying, and proper disposal of trash in the interior and exterior of the hotel
- Greeting guests
- Cleaning exterior of building with a water hose and pressure washer as required
- Cleaning of restrooms and telephones, interior and exterior of the hotel, and maintaining adequate stock of supplies
- Attend to the health club and health club locker room areas
- Cleaning of all levels of the public areas and all equipment
- Special projects / special cleaning details
- Maintain the cleanliness of back-of-house areas
- Work with and keep lines of communication open between all employees to provide a smooth-running operation
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.