Summary Description: The General Manager is a business partner responsible for developing a strong staff to satisfy the sales, production, service and supervisory needs of the unit. Ensures recruiting, budgeting, marketing and sales goals are obtained throughout the assigned unit. Utilizes the sales and marketing plan as the basis for setting customer service goals to improve sales through increased customer traffic. Makes decisions regarding the recruitment, development and performance of staff. Demonstrates a willingness to listen to team members and address problems. Ensures a clean, safe, and energy efficient operation during each shift. Ensures the store is always, in the customer's eye, "ready for business."
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the General Manager will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certifications associated with the position.
Position Purpose: The General Manager contributes to the organization as an individual contributor and through others.
Team Function/Scope: The General Manager serves as a team member and restaurant leader as appropriate and is responsible for ensuring the satisfactory completion of significant segments of critical work and/or projects which have impact on achieving department goals.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must have at least 3 years or more General Manager experience.
* Must be able to work days and weekends
* Must be able to work 48 to 50 hours a week
* Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and some Powerpoint, Back of office systems
* Must be able to follow and enforce policies and procedures.
* Must be able to perform all job duties and lift up to 50 lbs
* Excellent Leadership skills