Central Pet Distribution is Hiring Merchandisers! 5 Day Work Week, Weekends and Evenings Off!
Do you love pets and love working independently? Our growing company is seeking an experienced merchandiser to visit and service our retail accounts. Our Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation's top brands of pet supplies. With a set schedule and weekly route in a designated geographical area, our merchandisers do an outstanding job getting our products onto store shelves. If you are customer service oriented, organized, dependable, and have great time management skills this may be the job for you!
Location: East Valley Phoenix including Gilbert,Chandler, Ahwatukee, Maricopa, and Casa Grande areas.
Shift Details: Full time Monday through Friday starting early mornings. Weekends and evenings off. MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Receive, unpack and scan via R/F unit inbound inventory for retail locations. Merchandise product onto store shelves according to schematics
- Place replenishment orders for designated products
- Count, pack and arrange for the pickup/delivery of returned goods
- Develop relationships with Back Door Receivers
- Work closely with store sales staff in regard to shelf maintenance and appropriate merchandising standards
- Construct and assemble displays, and display components according to specifications. Change and rotate interior display areas and signage to reflect promotional changes
- Consistently monitor e-mail and voicemail for communication requests and information from the business unit
- Practice exceptional safety measures when driving
- Display excellent customer service while interacting with store managers and employees
- Previous merchandising experience
- Strong communication skills needed to interact with store personnel and consumers
- Ability to use box cutters, bar-coding scanners, push carts and dollies safely
- Must have Smartphone
- Must have computer or access to a computer
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Responsible, reliable and dependable work habits
- Must have valid Driver's License, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Ability to bend, pull and lift up to 30 pounds consistently throughout the course of a normal work day
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Work is conducted at retail grocery stores in loading/unloading area and on sales floor
- Driving to/from and between retail locations is done in personal vehicle
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full time positions
- Free Life and Disability Insurance for full time positions
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts for full time positions
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus for full time positions
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time for full time positions
- Paid Mileage
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.