This is a full time position. SUMMARY. Harris Teeter will provide training to all associates who have extensive customer contact. If a customer wishes to make a specific comment or complaint that you cannot resolve, direct that person to department management or the manager-on-duty for appropriate action. Remember that all contacts with the public in person, over the telephone, and through any communication reflect not only on an individual associate but on Harris Teeter as a whole. Positive customer relations will not only enhance the public's image of Harris Teeter, but also pay off in greater customer loyalty and increased sales and profit.
Primary responsibility is to Take Excellent Care Of Our Customers by satisfying each customer’s needs, exceeding their expectations, and making every shopping visit a pleasant and satisfying experience. Is responsible for nearly every aspect of the Personal Shopper program, from downloading internet orders to loading customer vehicles During down times, the Order Selector also performs the duties of bagger and/or cashier.
Customers are among Harris Teeter’s most valuable assets. Every associate represents Harris Teeter to our customers and the public. The way associates perform their jobs presents an image of the entire Company. Customers judge Harris Teeter by how they are treated each time they have contact with an associate. Therefore, one of the top business priorities is to assist any customer or potential customer. Nothing is more important than being courteous, friendly, helpful, and prompt in the attention given to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer Service
- Your job performance is required to demonstrate the highest level of customer service. Never be rude to a
customer under any circumstance.
- Follow through on customer requests. If you cannot say “yes” to a customer’s request, contact the manager-on- duty.
- Your full focus is required to be on the customer and bagging their order. You are required to:
- Make eye contact with and smile at every customer.
- Speak to customers in a genuine, clear, and enthusiastic manner.
- Greet every customer and accompanying family members [especially children].
- Always tell customer “thank you for shopping with us today!”
- Maintain adequate work area; Download internet orders; Shop internet orders following all policies and procedures; Operate Point of Sale Register; Bag orders per policy; Stage orders; Load grocery orders; Complete all required paper work; Communicate with customers; Communicate with store associates and Corporate Office.
- Reflect an appropriate business image to customers and visitors. How you dress, your grooming and personal cleanliness standards all contribute to that image and also to the morale of your fellow associates. During business hours or whenever representing Harris Teeter, you are expected to present a clean, neat, and tasteful appearance. You are required to always dress and groom yourself according to our Company policy that reflects accepted conservative norms.
- Be reliable and punctual by reporting for work on time and as scheduled. When you are absent or late, it places a burden on other associates and can impact productivity and service. In the rare instances when you cannot avoid being late or are unable to work as scheduled, notify your supervisor or Manager-on-duty two (2) hours in advance of your scheduled start time so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Communicate in English with customers and fellow associates regarding requests, current sales promotions, marketing campaigns, and essential products. When a customer asks where a product is located, take the customer to the product.
- Inform management of the lack of advertised items, incorrect prices, missing signs, departmental changes, and/or other situations as appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform fixed activities when business is light. (i.e. sweeping, cleaning, blocking, straightening, etc.)
- Understand the overall Customer Service and Personal Shopper Department operations.
- Adapt to various situations and adjust to shifting priorities. Be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks without showing signs of stress or irritability.
- Balance taking direction with taking initiative and demonstrate the flexibility required to accomplish the duties of the entire shift.
- Provide assistance to fellow associates to complete their daily tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Keep Our Stores Clean. Comply with Health Department requirements and follow Harris Teeter sanitation procedures. Clean restrooms and other areas as directed.
- Follow all safety regulations and help keep the store free of dangerous situations. Immediately inform store management of all accidents and/or safety hazards. Record accidents and safety hazards in the designated log.
- Ensure that chemicals are handled, mixed, and applied according to directions and in compliance to the Hazard
Communication Program Manual.
- Establish a working and shopping environment of trust, respect, and integrity.
- Take Excellent Care Of Your Fellow Associates. Be a team player. Support and assist your fellow associates without complaint. Be open to new ideas and opportunities. Follow through with any special requests or recommendations from management.
- Comply with Company standards, policies, and procedures. Perform essential job functions throughout scheduled hours.