As a Kitchen Manager, at Bar Louie – your number one focus is serving our guests and our Team Members (TMs). The safety, security, and wellbeing of our TMs, Guests, and Company assets is your passion. You have the "hospitality gene" and genuinely care about people. Your style is fun but extremely focused, and always professional. You have confidence, and we support Freedom that allows you to express your unique personality. BUT – you always lead within the Framework we have provided – never cutting corners and never allowing your team to cut corners either. As a member of Bar Louie's leadership team, you are charged with driving profitable sales within your gastrobar's 4-walls. You do this by adapting your leadership style to ensure you are getting consistently high performance from each member of your team. Speaking of the team – you know how to attract; hire; onboard; train, and retain a GREAT Team. You know that each Team Member is a reflection of you, and you are always striving to be a great example. You are smart and efficient – able to lead an impactful pre-shift; run expo or jump on the line; coach a Team Member up and sometimes out; inspire our Guests – all while driving sales and running a safe and profitable shift. You take your cue from our guests – matching your style to their mood.
- Exemplify Bar Louie's Mission, Vision, and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and accurate financials.
- Control the day-to-day culinary operations of the venue within the policies and guidelines set forth by the company, including the insurance of appropriate levels of staffing.
- Maintain a professional company image, including kitchen cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine the minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material, and kitchen equipment.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, stock, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and pilferage.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned regularly. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify General Manager immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Resolve issues of TM conflict and wrong stock orders with a quick solution.
- Rally staff during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts, and getting the job done.
- Interact with guests, being friendly and courteous, to resolve service issues or concerns.
- Ensure the kitchen staff provides consistent product and service standards of the highest quality.
- Control BOH food costs through appropriate ordering, maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports, and taking necessary actions.
- Accurately and communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers.
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Maintain kitchen organization and cleanliness in compliance with Company and Health Department standards.
- Support and lead your team on all Local/State/Federal and Company policies; processes and procedures.
- Provide tools and resources; coach and develop; redirect and recognize efforts of team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance
- Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Complete all safe and secure training and processes as required.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- Enter and Exit building SAFELY
- Complete all opening and/or closing procedures
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check the schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
- All other duties based on business needs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A successful Kitchen Manager is not looking for a Monday thru Friday desk job where you are at a computer all day. A GM at Bar Louie thrives on engagement with people, with food and with beverages. Our GMs know how to throw a great party any time of day – without crossing the line and trying to become the "life of that party." Between administrative work, our growing delivery business, and 5 distinct Day Parts – our Kitchen Manager’s are busy most of the day! If you thrive while leading in an environment that is fast-paced with competing priorities – welcome to Bar Louie.
Here are a few skills you should bring to Bar Louie on Day 1 –
- High school diploma or equivalent and be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Hospitality or restaurant experience with keen interest and knowledge of food service required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team Members and Guests.
- The ability to coach and develop people at all experience levels to succeed within their role.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with Team Members and Managers.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented; focus on accuracy and organized.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Famous for your hospitality.
- The ability and desire to pursue constant improvement and personal growth.
- Presents a professional, business-like image while representing Bar Louie.
- Proficient in POS Systems; Inventory Systems and Microsoft Office software products.
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
When working at a gastrobar location, Team members must be able to perform the duties of that location. The team member will frequently sit for short periods, talk via Cloud-Based video conferencing and the phone often, and hear and manipulate objects always.
Additional requirements will include lifting to 10 (ten) pounds regularly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder continuously and overhead infrequently and twisting and reaching frequently and grasping objects to move or manipulate always. Working in hot then cold environments for extended periods. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.