Kindred at Home
RN Patient Care Manager (Home Health)
- Location:Peoria, AZ 85381
5310 W. Thunderbird Rd, 203
Glendale, AZ 85306
Medical Assistant Job Description
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing patient-oriented procedures under the direction and supervision of a Physician to ensure safe and appropriate patient care; assists with minor surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care assistance
· Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with internal and external customers
· Uses, protects, and discloses protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
· Anticipates the physicians needs and carries out orders
· Checks for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms.
· Obtains, records, and reports vital signs and another pertinent patient information to Physician.
· Performs phlebotomy and processes lab specimens (i.e., urine, wound cultures obtained by physician, biopsy specimens obtained by physician, etc.) and maintains lab specimen logs as appropriate.
· Assists physician with procedures (laceration repairs, other minor surgical procedures) and may assists with more complex department specific specialty procedure.
· Properly dispose of full Biohazard containers and replace with a new container
· Ensures that all samples, specimen containers, Suters and Cultures are NOT expired.
· Review's Pathology Log Frequently
· Performs medication administration within scope of practice and documents administration of medications and procedures. Ensures proper documentation of medication administration and documentation procedures.
· Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas, specimen processing areas, and medical equipment. Cleans and stocks exam rooms, treatment/procedure rooms, specimen processing areas, and nursing stations.
· Facilitates the transfer of pertinent patient information between site and referred specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, and ancillary testing facilities
· Answers, directs, and follows up on incoming calls. Calls patients as requested by physician.
· Distributes incoming correspondence (faxes, consult notes, test results, etc.).
· Handles prescription refills as appropriate
· Responds to patient complaints when necessary.
· Minimum of 1 year plus back office experience in dermatology
· Excellent computer skills
· Ability to work in fast paced environment
· Great customer service skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Organized & detail oriented
· Multi Location Support