Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking an experienced Director of Accounting. The role is located at Bed Bath & Beyond's Corporate headquarters in Union, NJ
Bed Bath & Beyond, is the leading Omni-Channel retailer, offering high quality and differentiated products, and services and solutions for the home and heart-felt life events through its multiple retail channels.
The General Accounting and Consolidations team works in a fast paced and collaborative environment. This role will work closely with various other groups within the organization, including finance, treasury and tax. We are looking for people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth!
We will be returning to our Union, NJ Corporate Office in March 2022 on a hybrid schedule.
Mon & Friday - work remotely
Tues, Wed, Thurs - work in office Responsibilities:
- Oversee certain general accounting functions, with specific focus on the areas of capital expenditures, information technology spend and store related activity.
- Manage the quarterly impairment analysis under ASC 360
- Responsible for the monthly closing process, which includes the timely completion and accuracy of –
- Monthly account reconciliations for all key areas / accounts
- Journal entries
- Monthly fluctuation analysis and report on variances versus budget and forecasts.
- Assist in technical accounting research on GAAP and FASB reporting requirements for new accounting standards and business transactions, as necessary
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Update internal control documentation and support internal and external audit requirements.
- Assist in the design and testing of any system or process rollouts, if necessary.
- Assist in providing information requests to internal and external auditors.
- Assist the FP&A team with budgets and forecasts related to capital expenditure, information technology related spend and store related activity.
- Support external reporting function in preparing disclosures related to capital expenditures.
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA is strongly preferred.
- Strong accounting background with 10 plus years of experience is required.
- Prior experience working in the Retail / Consumer Industry is highly preferred.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, especially ASC 360, is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting and internal controls is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior organization skills is required.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, communicate progress and execute effectively.
- Excellent Oral/Written/Communication & Presentation skills is required.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:Phone:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume. An Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.