Overview: Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved exemption before their start date. More information will be provided to you throughout the interview process. We offer very competitive salaries and a generous sign-on bonus and relocation assistance. Texas Oncology
is looking for a Radiation Therapist
to join our team!
This full time position is at our McAllen location at 1901 South 2nd Street. Texas Oncology
is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis. Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patients diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, and a 401k plan that comes with a company match. In addition to a Wellness program that rewards you for practicing a healthy lifestyle, and many other great perks, such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program, and discounts on some of your favorite retailers. What does the Radiation Therapist do?
The Radiation Therapist, under direct supervision, administers radiation therapy treatments to patients. Accuracy in positioning the beam of radiation to correspond with the designated tumor volume and accurately delivering the prescribed dose are paramount job functions. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Accurately delivers and records radiation therapy treatments under the direction of a radiation oncologist and chief radiation therapist.
- Accurately enters and maintains patient treatment parameters into electronic medical record.
- Participates in clinical instruction of newly hired therapists and students.
- Assists in maintaining patient appointment schedule and submitting correct billing information.
- Accurately cuts electron blocks, when applicable
- Accurately makes custom molds.
- Accurately interprets a computerized treatment plan.
- Maintains clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Radiation Therapist will have the following background and experience
- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program.
- Minimum 1-year experience actively practicing as an RTT.
- ARRT certification required.
- TMB license required.
- Must hold valid state license for radiation therapy.