VSS Transportation Group
CDL A DEDICATED REEFER DRIVER- OTR
- Location:Montgomery, AL 36101
Montgomery, AL 36104
Does this position interest you? You should apply – even if you don’t match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
You’ve probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living – you’re not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you’re naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we’ll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee role is Safelite’s entry level preview into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You’ll Get
• Competitive weekly base pay starting at $16.50/hour, increasing to $17.75/hour after training and certification.
• A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid volunteer days.
• Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
• Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
• View all our health, wealth and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
What You’ll Do
• Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite’s installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
• Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools, materials and processes.
• Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite’s tools and technologies.
• Offer additional products and services to customers.
• Consistently deliver service so great, it’s memorable.
• Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
What You’ll Need
• Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
• The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
• Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
• Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
• Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
• High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read, write and interpret technical directions required.
*Estimate only, actual value will depend on benefit elections during enrollment period.
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? to apply via Workday.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by , nor do we tolerate discrimination or harassment against our associates and clients. to learn more about who we are.
Accessibility: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Safelite will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance in the application/hiring process. For assistance, .
Privacy: To review and consider your application, Safelite collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application and/or review our and .
Agencies: Safelite does not accept unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters. Absent a signed MSA and approval and request from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party. To learn how to join our approved agency community, .
Health and Safety: To ensure a safe working environment and protect the community at large, depending on the position, Safelite may require pre-employment screenings, including background checks and/or drug screenings, attestation of COVID-19 vaccination status, and precautions against COVID-19 in select work settings, subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws. Note: Safelite will grant reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship to the business to associates who are legally entitled.