The most important people at Country Fair are the ones who serve our customers on a day to day basis. That's not just our belief; that's our way of life. Assistant Managers assist our Store Managers with important duties, as well as managing those who come in contact with our valued customers to deliever our mission statement: "Country Fair Cares - about its Customers, its Team and its Community".
Shares responsibility for the store and its operations with the store manager, coordinates and directs the overall operations of the store in the absence of the store manager.
Their responsibilities include such activities as instructing store personnel on proper merchandising, customer relations and customer service in coordination with the store manager.
- Actively supports store management in the fulfillment of their responsibilities
- Responsible for management of store personnel
- Responsible for customer relations
- Ensure that merchandise is properly merchandised, tagged and that "pushes" are completed regularly
- Enforce all policies and procedures established for store level
- Proper follow-through of company's safety and sanitation programs
- Maintain company standards related to the store conditions and general housekeeping
- Contributing to the profitability of the store operation
- Operate a cash register in a manner that conforms with company policy
- Responsible to maintain prompt and accurate checkout service and cashier accuracy
- Responsible for cash accountability and accurate store bookkeeping in the absence of the store manager
- Attend required meetings as directed
- Check and verify store product receiving to ensure that items listed on invoices are all delivered and in good condition and also entered into the computer accurately
- Perform other assignments directed by the store manager
- Supervise and help maintain Country Fair Food Service programs including freshness, product availability, coding, temperatures and sanitation by reviewing throughout the shift
- Follow described work schedule of 40 hours per week which includes a minimum of two 2nd shifts and two 1st shifts, including a Saturday or Sunday
- Rotating weekend may be set up to have every 3rd or 4th weekend off with Area Manager's approval
- Follow through with all security standards and procedures
- Attends and helps prepare for all physical inventories
- Help identify, develop and recommend promising employees for future promotability
- Walk store and create duty lists for staff. Follow up to ensure completion of tasks listed
- Assist store manager with recruiting, hiring and employee evalutaion process
- Report maintenance/repair issues through Team Works
- Follow through on company directives such as surveys, requests for information, incident reports, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of customer service/supervisory experience