>> Delivery drivers can earn anywhere between $11.15 - $30.00 per hour in wages / tips / mileage reimbursement!
>> Delivery drivers are paid $0.59 per mile while on deliveries!
Domino’s Pizza Team Members are an all-inclusive, fun, energetic and friendly group of people. We strive for teams of happy, motivated and dedicated staff with a passion for providing the best possible service to our customers. A Domino's Driver is often the only point of contact our customers have with the store. Therefore, they must have great customer service skills and a safe driving record.
- Driver responsibilities:
- Deliver pizzas and other products to customers
- Provide quality customer service at the door
- Attend to customer concerns
- Driving safely at all times
- Complete cash transactions with customers
- Meet and greet customers on the phone and in-person and assist with customer service in-store
- Assist with preparing a variety of pizzas, sandwiches, and other food items
- Clean the store and keep it sanitized and working properly
- Hygiene and food safety
An effective Domino’s team member must follow directions easily, stick to routines, and feel comfortable dealing with customers and coworkers for an extended amount of time.
- Drivers must be 18+ years old with at least 2 years of driving history, and have a clean and dependable vehicle.
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s Card (where applicable by law).
- Must have a valid driver's license, registration, and insurance and must have a GOOD "driving" record.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, be self-motivated and smile.
- Proficient in the use of computers.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment math test, background screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with customer service skills and best practices to deliver a WOW customer experience.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, make positive and effective comments to diverse groups of people. Edits work for correct data, spelling, and grammar. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ethics & Judgment - Treats people with respect; tactfully approaches others, works with integrity, and exhibits sound judgment; Upholds and demonstrates store values; innate sense of responsibility and accountability; Willingness and ability to seek-out, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the company and embraces change introduced by others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible working hours; requires working weekends, days and evenings.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around ovens, makeline and equipment, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, climbing.
- Constant working with the public and employees in a high-volume environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks.
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside.
- Fumes from food odors.
- Exposure to cornmeal dust.
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher.