Job Description: Controller
Reports to: President
Supervises: Bookkeeper (Billing, Payroll tasks)
This position has the critical function of providing timely and accurate financial information to the President that will help to direct the company in key financial decisions.
The Controller will be responsible for all financial activities. These activities will include direct responsibility for accounting, financial reporting and analysis, payroll, cash controls, disbursements, accounts receivable collections, invoicing/billing, multi company taxes, insurance, 401k administration, banking relations, CPA and legal firm relations, and systems / IT operations. This includes helping to improve the processes and procedures to collect, record, and report all the financial information in the company in adherence with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Prepare and report financial statements on a monthly basis. Includes recording all journal entries and balancing all relevant accounts.
• Prepare of a yearly budget working in conjunction with the President.
• Supervise the billing processes. Includes creating processes to ensure completeness and timely billing of all clients based on the appropriate billing schedules.
• Assist with the cash management that includes bank reconciliations, and forecasting accounts receivable collections and all payroll and payable disbursements on a weekly basis.
• Oversee the payroll processing and create/monitor processes to ensure proper pay rates for each employee based on the job site. Work with senior staff in Operations to minimize errors and maximize efficiencies.
• Analyze and report on financial data by client, site and line of business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis to the President for key decisions.
• Prepare a monthly reporting package for the President with actual GAAP financials, actual compared with budget and documentation of key transactions.
• Ensure tax compliance.
• Analyze and implement MITC Workforce management Software to maximize efficiencies and reporting tools. Other modules to include QA, Inventory, Job/Labor Budgets, Equipment Tracker, Job Costing, HR Benefits Tracker and Ehub.
• Oversee the collections of Accounts Receivables in conjunction with the President and senior staff.
• Benefits administration. Assist with the bidding and analyzing of medical, worker's compensation and other insurances. Work to create better systems to manage worker's compensation claims, medical insurance, COBRA, FMLA and open enrollment of insurances.
• Work with the President on yearly liability insurance renewal. Includes managing the bid process and policy reviews.
• Assist the President and other senior staff with legal contract reviews.
• Work closely with other senior staff members to report key financial data as requested.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Provide IT assistance when needed.
• Maintain ongoing effective vendor relationships including banking, CPA firm, 401k administrator, health insurance, commercial Insurance, and South Carolina Workers' Comp. ACA Reporting
• Respond to the President as assigned with accurate and timely information and/or advice that facilitates his needs.
• Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, sales/use tax, systems and banking working knowledge.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA certification preferred. Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience and 3 years of overseeing an accounting department.
• Proven results in creating and implementing process improvements in systems including payroll and billing.
• Experience implementing an accounting system/modules with improved reporting.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Deadline driven and results oriented.
Starting Salary is $70k-$80k based off experience.
* Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, sales/use tax, systems and banking working knowledge.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA certification preferred. Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience and 3 years of overseeing an accounting department.
* Proven results in creating and implementing process improvements in systems including payroll and billing.
* Experience implementing an accounting system/modules with improved reporting.
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Deadline driven and results oriented.
Please submit a complete resume with references along with your application.