This is the job description for LAUNDRY/LINEN ATTENDANT
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To tend laundering machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and guests.
1. Load articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning
2. Turn valve to fill washer with water.
3. Start machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
4. Lift clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for
measured time cycles.
5. Sort dried articles according to identification number or type.
6. Fold and place item in appropriate storage bin.
7. Iron all table linens.
8. Lubricate machines, using grease gun and oil can.
9. Ensure cleanliness of equipment.
10. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Follow instructions.
2. Adjust to doing the same thing over and over.
3. Move or lift heavy objects.
4. Familiarity of the material safety data sheet when using chemicals and safety rules when
working around machinery.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
Posting ID: 70804181Posted: 2019-10-11