Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer (Salaried)
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Supervises: Maintenance Engineers
Job Description Date: March 1, 2018
Job Purpose: To supervise maintenance operations as well as repair and maintain physical structure of the hotel.
1. Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
2. Ensure projects are completed according to specifications and on time by studying work schedules and estimating worker-hour requirements for completion.
3. Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
4. Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
5. Observe equipment and utility meter readings daily
6. Maintain files for Material Safety Data Sheets, learn emergency procedures
7. Work closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk managers to ensure coordination of activities. May confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
8. Perform work within departmental expense plans
9. Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving problems. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers. Recommend or initiate personal actions, such as training, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Reward employees who meet/exceed expectations. Confer with workers' representatives.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on regular basis
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
2. Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Vocational Institution Certificate and completion of apprenticeship in plumbing/electrical repair
Experience: 2+ years of hands on experience at a comparable location.
Licenses/Certifications: None Required
Posting ID: 70804194Posted: 2019-10-11