* The La Carte Clerk is responsible for waiting on and servicing customers at the La Carte counter. This includes the use of slicers and entering PLUs manually into the scales. He/she is responsible for packaging product in plastic bags when necessary. Product is handed directly to the customer across the counter. He/she must have excellent customer service skills, as they are usually working one on one with customers. He/she must also fill products into the service case, self-service cases, and other display areas and may take down product at night. La Carte clerks also do preparation of food products including both cold and hot foods as well as cooked and uncooked foods. He/she must maintain product quality by reviewing codes and rotating product. He/she must maintain the La Carte area in a clean/sanitary and visually appealing manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Work in a courteous manner in a fast paced multi functional environment with other people or alone.
* Operate La Carte equipment.
* Wait on customers from behind service cases, process verbal orders (including weighing and pricing), and deliver orders to customer from across the counter.
* Must work quickly and carefully while stocking items at a reasonable expectancy (R/E).
* Visually identify product and PLU code; manually enter into the scale for pricing.
* Reading display terminal and other documents when necessary.
* Taking verbal orders over the telephone and writing down pertinent information.
* Placing product into or removing product weighing up to 20 lbs. from refrigerated cases.
* Work safely with fryers, ovens, and other La Carte related machinery.
* Replenishing product weighing up to 35 lbs. from the cooler to the display case.
* Prepare food product to be displayed in cases (hot chicken, etc).
* Lift and load 5-35 lb cases onto stock carts and push or pull cart to stocking area.
* Interact and communicate with others in a courteous and professional manner including greeting and thanking customers.
* Deal with some potentially difficult situations (such as dissatisfied customers).
This position requires a minimum age of 18. Are you at least 18 years of age or older?