Primarily responsible for verification of production processes, packaging, food safety and monitoring of operational sanitation. Responsible for proper documentation, inventory control, and release of hold product. Assist production Team Members, Team Leaders, and Supervisors in assuring that safe and quality products are produced according to specification. Performs all work in compliance with company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulation RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Under minimal supervision, communicate with Production & QA Team Members, Team Leaders, and Supervisors to assure proper handling of all products and timely correction of deficiencies
- Monitor lines and paperwork throughout the day to assure specification compliance for each product
- Verify and help enforce GMP's
- Verify labels, lot codes, bags, boxes, and pallets are correctly adhered, printed, sealed, and stacked
- Verify receiving of incoming raw materials and ingredients, informs Shipping/Receiving Team Leader and QA Team Leader or QA Coach if any product does not meet specifications
- Assist Production with day to day quality problems to reach workable solutions
- Assure microbiological swabs and samplings are performed at correct times and correct positions
- Assist in making sure all quality and food safety policies and procedures are being followed
- Work in compliance with all company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in quality assurance or 6 months Wayne Farms employee
- Intermediate math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended shift hours
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Follow departmental and company safety policies and programs
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times in areas where required.
- Stand up to 8 hours.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Exposure to wet and dusty environment.
- Frequently reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and crawling.
- Work around raw, live animal odors
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.