Experienced Service Automotive Advisor is sought to grow our winning team.
Consulting customers on automotive repairs, experience as a service writer of repair orders, and advising customers of repair needs are all essential skills. BUT, only apply if you have great communication skills and will use those skills to make customers feel welcome, valued, and informed. If people bother you, then don't bother to apply.
Submit your application: www.roncartercareers.com
Be our Guest and review the Job Description:
Job Purpose: Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Experienced Service Advisor ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Free Employee Wellness program through Houston Methodist Hospital
Posting ID: 70949735Posted: 2019-10-21