Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (FT) *$12,000 Sign On Bonus!* - Now Hiring
Princeton, IL 61356
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (FT) *$12,000 Sign On Bonus!*
SUMMARY: The LPN is responsible for providing direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (FT) *$12,000 Sign On Bonus!*
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants. Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shift’s services, programs and activities. Make written & oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of the shift as required. Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required. Provide leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your unit/shift.
- Complete & file required record-keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer and/or discharge. Receive & transcribe telephone orders from physicians & record on the Physician’s Order Form. Chart nurse’s notes in an informative & descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care. Fill out and complete accident/incident reports & submit to Director as required. Perform routine charting duties as required & in accordance with established charting & documentation policies & procedures.
- Prepare & administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift. Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours. Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
- Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information. Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing service personnel knock before entering the resident’s room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current unencumbered state license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing & medical practices & procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Current CPR Certification is required
- Experience in Long Term Care is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently through the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or life at minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
(SIGN-ON BONUS SUBJECT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND MUST MEET MINIMUM HOURS WORKED REQUIREMENT)