The Washington Tractor Irrigation Manager provides strategic and technical leadership across the Irrigation business unit. The sales team plays a significant role in fueling revenue growth and profitability through excellent customer service, operational excellence, quality, process improvement and innovation. By partnering closely with department managers to drives sales the Irrigation Manager ensures profitable growth projections are met.
Responsible for the achievement of the store objectives and goals. Successfully evaluate, allocate, and maintain human, physical and financial resources for the sales staff. Promotes growth of the location, the development of sales and administrative staff, and promotes team work with Okanogan Parts, Rental & Sales to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Collaborates with management to ensure that stock levels are maintained based on annual sales goals, product changes, and market trends.
• Responsible for all Irrigation; double checks all sales ensuring that all paperwork is accurate.
• Works with Inventory Coordinator to order and track inventory levels.
• Provide leadership to sales and administrative staff translating subject matter knowledge, time management, company procedures and policy to motivational instruction.
• Develop and execute regular clinics, field days, events and shows.
• Review and evaluate all trade-in appraisals per company guidelines.
• Responsible for metrics assigned to the Irrigation department for customer service, performance and profitability.
• Accountable to ensure department and store budgets are maintained; control spending.
• Plan and lead weekly meeting with staff.
• Attend weekly meeting with other store department managers.
• Liaise with marketing to protect, respond and promote positive brand and reputation.
• Manage and enforce safe work practices, compliance of safety meeting requirements and all safety procedures.
• Encourage workers to identify unsafe or unhealthy workplace conditions or hazards and be an example of the highest standard in safety compliance.
• Wear all required safety equipment, correct obvious hazards immediately and report to HR.
• Work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance supporting senior leadership and direction.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Creates the Irrigation Department budget and goals in alignment with the organization's financial and operational objectives.
• Accountable to ensure all budgets are maintained and control spending.
• Coordinates internal/external transfer of equipment between stores.
• Oversee the accounts payable approval.
• Oversee and review all internal parts and service charges charged to the sales department.
• In collaboration with all store department managers, oversee the accounts receivable for their store.
• Excellent understanding of financial principles relative to Sales & Store operations.
• Ensure employees in sales departments receive any "all-employee" communication from the organization leadership team.
• Ability to translate financial reporting and other data to promote sales and actionable items.
• Manage CSI process as outlined.
• Oversee the daily maintenance and security of the facility.
• Resolve elevated customer issues as needed.
• Act as the primary contact for local community events and decisions.
• Identify opportunities for asset or capital improvements in the sales department. Make necessary requests to leadership for approval. Implement capital improvement changes after approval is obtained.
• In collaboration with other department managers, ensure a professional appearance of the facility and surrounding property.
• Assist with ensuring daily appropriate Irrigation Department staffing coverage of key positions during absences and identify when changes to staffing levels are needed.
• Manage recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for Irrigation department.
• Assist in developing a positive reputation and image in the community that is consistent with the organization's mission, vision, and values.
• May attend periodic meetings with senior leadership to obtain direction and guidance on company goals.
• Maintain strategic training goals for department.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience preferred.
* 5+ years of job relevant experience.
* 1+ additional years' experience as a parts or service manager or in a sales role preferred.
* Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
* Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
* Ability to translate financial reporting to actionable items.
* Experience dealing with elevated customer issues.
* Proven ability to lead and motivate others.
* Knowledge of financial metrics, marketing experience and a solid understanding of sales, parts and service operations.
* Solid analytical, business planning, problem solving, and communication skills.
* Beginning to intermediate computer skills and ability to utilize all Washington Tractor systems with proficiency.
* Must possess a valid driver license and retain an insurable driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Working Conditions: Retail store environment, service and repair shop, and stock room. Exposed to various work surfaces both inside and outside. The work is usually performed inside, but exposure to various environments occur frequently.
Frequently sit for long hours, concentrate on data, detail, screen viewing, typing, use of computers and office equipment with fine motor skills. Ability to lift up-to 25 pounds and up-to 75 assisted.
Up to 10% driving or air travel annually.
Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Life/ADD & EAP for Employee
Voluntary benefits include Life & Short-Term Disability