This is the job description for MAINTENANCE UTILITY
Job Title: Maintenance Utility
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To maintain grounds of hotel, performing any combination of the following tasks.
1. Cut lawns using hand mower, or power mower. Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and
walls, using clippers, weed cutters, and edging tools.
2. Prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or
twigs, using shears, pruners, or chain saw. Spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer,
herbicides, and insecticides, using hand or automatic sprayer. Rake and bags leaves, or
prepares them for incineration.
3. Clean grounds and remove litter using spiked stick or broom.
4. Shovel snow from walks and driveways. Spread salt on public passage ways to prevent ice
5. Plant grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs. Water lawn and shrubs.
6. Make minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mowers, and irrigation systems.
7. May repair fences and gates, walls, walks, etc. May paint fences, and outbuildings. May clean
out drainage ditches, and culverts.
8. May perform ground maintenance duties using tractor equipped with attachments, such as
mowers, lime, or fertilizer spreaders, lawn roller, and snow removal equipment.
9. May sharpen tools.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather, performing tasks that require
physical strength and endurance.
2. Follow instructions exactly.
3. Adjust to doing the same kind of work all day long or performing a variety of different tasks on
the same day, depending on daily business needs.
4. Work quickly and skillfully with your hands to do such things as operating tractors or lawn
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
Posting ID: 71142768Posted: 2019-10-21