When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here. What you'll be doing...
Your role will manage all aspects of the project management associated with delivering Professional Services (PS) to Verizon customers and manage the overall delivery schedule and timeline, and escalating issues internally and externally if needed to ensure customer desired due dates are met.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Coordinating and scheduling resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and key objectives.
- Identifying, monitoring, reporting, and escalating project-related issues to achieve timely objectives.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
- Maintaining excellent communication with functional team members, direct management, and external customers to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project delivery.
- Experience working with external clients in a Professional Services type organization, preferably with some type of consulting experience.
- Knowledge of PC and software applications including Windows, MS Office, MS Project.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Six or more years of experience delivering complex technical projects.
- One Project Management certification (Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, CSM, or equivalent).
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Telecommunications Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for internal and external customer communications.
- Strong detail oriented skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to successful completion.
- Ability to identify and fix problems.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines, enjoy the challenge working through complex issues towards a solution; with the willingness to be flexible.
- Ability to negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Experience with managing Security projects, to include (two of the following) areas such as:
- Identity and Access Management
- Threat and vulnerability assessment projects (application/mobile/physical)
- Governance projects
- Penetration testing
- Security device install/configuration/management
#VZProfessionalServices Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.