ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE Laundry Attendant is responsible for processing all soiled hotel bed linens and towels by operating all laundry machinery in accordance with hotel’s standards. Clean designated guest room fabrics and articles. Laundry Attendants are paid an hourly wage.
AS AN ORGANIZATION, WE STRIVE TO HIRE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WHO OPERATE IN AGREEMENT WITH OUR COMPANY CORE PRINCIPLES.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: THESE DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW:
• Remove laundry from guest rooms.
• Separate laundry and identify items requiring pre‐spotting treatment
• Inspects linens for tears and/or stains and rejects or reclaims them
• Load all laundry into washer and add specified cleaning agents
• Take wet, clean items and dry as directed
• Sort and fold or hang clean dried items
• Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and laundry supplies and communicate needs to General Manager
• Maintaining all laundry equipment and inform General Manager of any maintenance needs
• Perform additional laundry services when necessary
• Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and company goals.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for the Housekeeping Department.
• Uses correct cleaning chemicals, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
• Responsible for keeping laundry room and equipment clean and working in a safe manner.
• Operate laundry processing equipment at a level of proficiency resulting in an acceptable level of cleanliness and supply of linens.
• Uses correct personal protection equipment in accordance with the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan when handling soiled linens or performing other tasks in which exposure to blood borne pathogens may occur.
• Restock linen on floors as necessary.
• Restock supplies in all common areas.
• Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
• Maintain the Daily Linen Shrinkage Log for Managers review.
• Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
• Responsible for proper administration of key control for issued keys or keys left by guests in the suite.
• Maintain security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times.
• Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High school graduate.
• Previous experience in similar position.
• Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment and chemical handling.