Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Cook prepares and presents food to order following company menu and food specifications and timing standards. Adheres to all federal, state and local safe food handling regulations.
Key Business Areas
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Cook must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in the Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
- Prepares, cooks and presents food to order following established company brand standards guidelines and recipe specifications
- Follows correct prepping procedures, utilizing prep charts; properly stores and rotates perishable stock
- Maintains proper food temperatures in accordance with franchise Brand Standards, federal, state and local regulations
- Prepares special orders as requested
- Maintains stock to shift par levels
- Correctly calls the wheel when necessary
- Organizes and maintains work areas, coolers and storage areas
- Assists as needed with product inventory and deliveries
- Cleans and takes proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
- Adheres to all safe food handling principles
- Completes side work and deep cleaning assignments correctly and in a timely manner
- Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
- Monitors waste and other food cost controls
- Addresses complaints and concerns promptly in a courteous manner and notifies the supervisor of any issues
- Assists service assistants periodically
- Willingly assists others without being asked
- Adheres to Franchise Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
- Provides prompt and courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
Employer may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of the employer with or without notice.
Posting ID: 71530735Posted: 2019-10-11