The job below is no longer available.
Athletic and Events Bus Driver, fill-in - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
| Estimated Pay ||$31 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
We estimate that this job pays $30.58 per hour based on our data.
About this job
Position InformationJob Title Athletic and Events Bus Driver, fill-in Position Number PP6801-00 Department Transportation - Joliet, IL Job Grade 4 Position Summary
To transport University students, employees and guests to pre-determined locations using university-owned buses and vans. Also, to perform routine maintenance checks on the vehicles. Events can require either local or long-distance travel.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Transport passengers on a pre-determined route and assist with route information as well as boarding and de-boarding bus.
- Perform routine pre- and post-driving maintenance checks on the vehicles. Report any concerns, problems or faulty devices on the vehicle to administration.
- Maintain logs and reports as required and accident/incident reports when necessary.
- Conform to all transportation policies as established by the athletics department to create a safe environment for all passengers and the reliable, safe operation of all vehicles.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of passenger vans and buses.
- Maintain cleanliness/upkeep of the vehicle.
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid commercial driver's license
- One to three years of commercial driving experience
- Clear work history and a record of safe driving (5 years)
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values
- Three to five years of commercial driving experience
- Valid interstate commercial driver's license
As needed.Physical Requirements of Position
Work is performed in and around a vehicle with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent driving a vehicle. This is sedentary work, which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Schedule includes overnight travel, and working nights, weekends and some holidays.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number FP0518-16 Open Date 08/10/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes