This is the job description for GROUP ROOM COORDINATOR
Job Title: Group Rooms Coordinator
Department: Sales & Marketing
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Direct Report to Property DOS and dotted line to Area Director of Revenue Management
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: Administer the operational and system processes for coordinating group arrival and departure. This includes verification of reservations, online bookings and rooming lists. Provide ongoing communication between the client, the hotel, and the sales office ensuring all operational standards are met including brand standards, DDC audit requirements and overall guest satisfaction.
1. Act as the primary resource for the operational and administrative functions for group block management
including building blocks, managing group inventory, billing, pre-arrival and post departure tasks as required.
Act as a resource to the hotel and the client for information. Verify information and disseminate as
2. Maintain a working knowledge of the sales, front office, accounting areas. Have a thorough understanding of
the operational areas, guest patterns, demand periods and seasons.
3. Maintain a working knowledge of revenue management principles as it applies to the hotel in general by
attending revenue mgt and sales meetings in order to insure financial objectives of the property are met.
4. Possess a working knowledge of the brands guest loyalty program and how it applies to group customers in
order to ensure proper credit for reward programs to meeting planners.
5. Attend Daily Business review meeting to be aware of business trends, new bookings and changes to current
6. Attend Weekly Revenue Strategy Meeting.
7. Attend brand or company training programs as directed (may involve overnight travel).
8. Maintain accurate files and systems for information retrieval as it relates to group bookings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong technical skills in Word, Excel, Outlook along with good internet navigation skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills, flexibility.
3. Experience with hotel PMS systems and operational proficiency.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills. Superior oral/written communication skills; ability to interact successfully with
5. Excellent telephone etiquette.
6. Knowledge of general office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy machine, printers).
7. Tact and good judgment and proven experience interacting with customers and hotel management.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education High school diploma required.
Experience Minimum 6 months experience in hospitality, sales, marketing or accounts payable/receivable.
Posting ID: 71669377Posted: 2019-10-11